Batik 1.6 - NPE in with getStyle or getPresentationAttribute methods

Batik 1.6 - NPE in with getStyle or getPresentationAttribute methods

Rick Bullotta
With Batik 1.6, we're encountering an NPE when trying to use these
methods.

The common issue seems to be related to:

        CSSEngine eng =
((SVGOMDocument)getOwnerDocument()).getCSSEngine();

...which is in the source for both these methods.  I suspect that in
some cases, this may be returning null?

Any insights?

Rick Bullotta
CTO
Lighthammer Software (http://www.lighthammer.com)

Re: Batik 1.6 - NPE in with getStyle or getPresentationAttribute methods

thomas.deweese
Hi Rick,

    Well you get this when you haven't booted the CSS engine.
There is an example of how to do this on the Wiki.  I don't
think this is anything that has changed in 1.6.

Rick Bullotta wrote:

> With Batik 1.6, we're encountering an NPE when trying to use these
> methods.
>
> The common issue seems to be related to:
>
>         CSSEngine eng =
> ((SVGOMDocument)getOwnerDocument()).getCSSEngine();
>
> ...which is in the source for both these methods.  I suspect that in
> some cases, this may be returning null?
>
> Any insights?
>
> Rick Bullotta
> CTO
> Lighthammer Software (http://www.lighthammer.com)

RE: Batik 1.6 - NPE in with getStyle or getPresentationAttribute methods

Rick Bullotta
Thanks - do you have a link?

Rick Bullotta wrote:
> Thanks - do you have a link?

   It's not that big a WIKI but here you go:
        http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-batik/BootSvgAndCssDom