incorrect image rendering

Sathish Kumar E.V.
Hello,

I am trying to rasterize the image to png format using
(1.5.1 version) of batik-rasterizer.

I have a strange problem with the attached svg file -
it is defined with a viewbox width as 352 and height
as 416. The svg tags width and height is set to 100%.

What i expect is that the image would stretch (with
its aspect ratio maintained) for any dimension of the
viewport. But strangely it does not scale properly for
a canvas of size 352 and 416 (the size for which it is
defined originally) --(irony is that is works for all
other sizes say for example 300, 500).

With the size as 352 and 416 - i see some transparent
area on the bottom and right side.

Is this a bug in my svg file or as such a bug in
rasterizer.

Regards
Sathish

sun0205a_layer0.svg (1K) Download Attachment

Re: incorrect image rendering

thomas.deweese
Hi Sathish,

   I believe this was fixed in 1.6.
   When the viewing transform was null it behaved as
if no viewbox was set.

Sathish Kumar E.V. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to rasterize the image to png format using
> (1.5.1 version) of batik-rasterizer.
>
> I have a strange problem with the attached svg file -
> it is defined with a viewbox width as 352 and height
> as 416. The svg tags width and height is set to 100%.
>
> What i expect is that the image would stretch (with
> its aspect ratio maintained) for any dimension of the
> viewport. But strangely it does not scale properly for
> a canvas of size 352 and 416 (the size for which it is
> defined originally) --(irony is that is works for all
> other sizes say for example 300, 500).
>
> With the size as 352 and 416 - i see some transparent
> area on the bottom and right side.
>
> Is this a bug in my svg file or as such a bug in
> rasterizer.
>
> Regards
> Sathish

Re: incorrect image rendering

Sathish Kumar E.V.
I checked this now with 1.6 rasterizer - 1.6 version
also produces the same erroneous result.

The rasterizer produces the correct output if i use a
slightly different value like 352x417.

Regards
Sathish